One of the primary goals of ACRPC is to provide its member municipalities with planning expertise, technical assistance, data, and mapping resources to help them plan for future development. Each communities’ page on this website contains information devoted to municipal planning efforts and includes links to the following information:
- US Census information: The US Census provides the most accurate and comprehensive database regarding municipal statistics addressing population, households, income and a variety of other demographic data about a municipalities’ population. The information can provide a quick and useful statistical overview of each municipality including how it compares to Addison County, the State of Vermont or the United States.
- Town road/highway information: Each communities’ page includes a current road name map and related transportation information.
- Municipal website links; Nearly every municipality in Addison County has created a website and populated it with information about itself. These links provide quick access to pertinent information about the municipalities in the Addison Region.
Other useful resources for municipalities:
- Links for updating statistics: http://www.dhca.state.vt.us/Planning/, http://www.uvm.edu/crs/.
- Links referencing some of our favorite websites are provided throughout this website, usually under the specific program or service that the information relates to.
- Information that municipalities might use to help improve their governance, community planning efforts and bylaws are also found at http://www.dhca.state.vt.us/Planning/ and http://www.vpic.info/ .
- Information on flood resiliency planning: http://floodready.vermont.gov/