Each communities’ page on this website contains information devoted to municipal planning efforts and includes links to the following information:
- U.S. Census information: The U.S. Census provides the most accurate and comprehensive database regarding municipal statistics addressing population, households, income and a variety of other demographic data about a municipalities’ population. The information can provide a quick and useful statistical overview of each municipality including how it compares to Addison County, the State of Vermont or the United States.
- Town road/highway information: Each communities’ page includes a current road name map and related transportation information.
- Municipal website links: Nearly every municipality in Addison County has created a website and populated it with information about itself. These links provide quick access to pertinent information about the municipalities in the Addison Region.
Other useful resources for municipalities:
- Links referencing some of our favorite websites are provided throughout this website, usually under the specific program or related service.
- Information that municipalities might use to help improve their governance, community planning efforts and bylaws are also found at https://www.dhca.state.vt.us/Planning/ and https://www.vpic.info/ .
- Information on flood resiliency planning: https://floodready.vermont.gov/