Recent Updates– Current status (as of 10/18/2021) in Addison County, Vermont:
- 52 cases within last fourteen days (1,431 cases total, 387 per 10k people)
- Current % of age 12+ population vaccinated with 1+ dose: 86.2%
- Explore this Map of Positive Tests by Town, Middlebury College Reporting Dashboard
- Vaccine Information is located Here
The Vermont Department of Health website is updated frequently and has the most current information for Vermonters: https://www.healthvermont.gov/covid-19
- Any public inquires for general information should be routed to 2-1-1. Dial 211 on your phone and select prompt 3. (If you have trouble reaching 2-1-1, dial 1-866-652-4636).
- If individuals are sick or concerned about their health, they should contact their health care provider by phone (Not everybody needs to be tested. Do not call the Health Department. Do not go to the hospital, except in a life-threatening situation).
- If you have even mild symptoms you are encouraged to contact your health care provider to get tested for COVID-19. Your provider will test you at their office or refer you for testing nearby. If you don’t have a health care provider, call 2-1-1 to connect to care or contact the nearest federally qualified health center (link is external) or one of Vermont’s free & referral clinics
- Healthcare-related inquiries from providers and case contacts should go to the Vermont Department of Health at 802-863-7240.
- Inquiries from local municipalities and town officials should go the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC) at 800-347-0488.
The Health Department recommends testing for:
- People with COVID-19 symptoms:
- Fever (100.4 °F or higher)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- People who have had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
- People who are referred by their health care provider for testing for another reason.
Find a nearby testing location here: https://www.healthvermont.gov/covid-19/testing/where-get-tested