Emergency Management


ACRPC supports emergency planning initiatives throughout the region for the Preparedness, Response, Recovery, and Mitigation phases of emergency management. Staff provides support for the Addison County Emergency Planning Committee and works with communities individually as well. For a full description of how ACRPC interacts with state and local emergency planning please click here:

Tropical Storm Irene Studies

Emergency Management Resources

Important phone numbers: Call 911 for life threatening emergencies, call 211 can for shelter information, evacuation information and other disaster resources, and call 511 for road closures. Other key contacts:

Division of Emergency Management & Homeland Security (DEMHS)
(primary contact for non life threatening emergencies)

Green Mountain Power
(website & Facebook page preferred over phone for reporting power outages)


HAZMAT Information:
U.S. DOT ~ Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)

Please contact Emergency Management Planner Tim Bouton for additional information.

Addison County Regional Planning Commission | 14 Seminary Street Middlebury, VT 05753 | 802.388.3141 |

VT Nonprofit Web Design